Joining as a Full Member
Follow these easy steps:
- Please read the Membership Information Package. You can see a list of job categories represented by each District Council here.
- Print and read the DGC Membership Application.
- Canadian Entertainment Industry Retirement Plan (CEIRP) forms are mandatory: please click here for the Individual Form, and click here for the Loan Out Corporation Form. These forms must be submitted with original signatures.
- Review the Application Checklist included at the beginning of the application form to ensure that you have filled out the application correctly and have enclosed all the required information.
- Click here to see a chart that outlines New Member dues.
- Contact the DGC BC District Council to ensure there are no additional requirements to be considered.
- Send your application and related materials to the DGC BC office.
There is a process that Membership Applications go through before an applicant is officially considered a Member of the Directors Guild of Canada. First, your application will be reviewed at the DGC BC office to ensure that it is complete, the appropriate requirements are satisfied, and qualifications are met.
Following the British Columbia District Council review, your application will be forwarded to the National Office where, if everything is complete and satisfies the criteria you will be given a Membership ID number and formally recognized by the Membership and Training Committee.
Please note that some of the benefits of DGC BC Membership (e.g. health plan) will not start until you officially become a Member.
Please contact the BC office if you have any questions about the application procedures, or if you believe that you have special circumstances that would affect your application.
DGC BC Membership
If you are a Canadian citizen not ordinarily resident in Canada, and would like more information on joining the Directors Guild of Canada, please contact:
National Membership Department
Toll-Free French Language: 1-855-904-1880