Joining as a Director
To be eligible to join the DGC as a Director in British Columbia:
- You must have accumulated a minimum of 75 minutes of directorial work exhibited commercially* OR,
- You have a signed director's contract from a DGC signatory production AND,
- You must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
*Commercially exhibited work includes those works broadcast on television and on the internet that have been produced by recognized commercial producers or through theatrical release.
There is a one-time new Member fee of $2,500 and annual dues of $750. Annual dues can be paid all at once or quarterly ($187.50). At the time of joining you must pay the full new Member fee plus one quarter annual dues. The remaining balance will be subject to the deadlines of the quarterly dues payment schedule.
New Member Fee: $2,500
Annual Dues: $750 (can be paid $187.50 a quarter)
Payment when joining: $2,500 + $187.50 = $2,687.50
- DGC Director Application Form.
- Individual RRSP form. Membership includes becoming part of a group retirement savings plan. This form must have the original pen and paper signature and must either be mailed or dropped off to your local DGC office.
- NRSP Corporation form. If you are incorporated and wish to have your payroll routed to your corporation you need to fill this out as well as the RRSP form above. This must also have the original pen and paper signature and must either be mailed or dropped off to your local DGC office.
Please send the completed forms to your local DGC District Council office.
Once you are accepted into membership you will receive a membership package that will include: Membership number, RRSPs contact information, Health and Welfare benefits enrolment package. You will also receive a welcome email connecting you to the director representatives nationally and in your region.
With any questions and for more information on joining the DGC as a Director please contact:
Directors Guild of Canada
National Directors Division