It's Never Been Easier to be DGC
On September 8th, the Directors Guild of Canada launched an NFB and Documentary Directors recruitment drive – waiving all initiation fees and offering 50% off annual dues through 2020 to all eligible Directors.
That's a savings of up to $3,500 for new members who take advantage of this opportunity!
As a DGC Member you’ll gain access to a whole host of benefits and opportunity, but as an NFB Director there’s an extra reason to sign on: By joining the DGC, you’ll help strengthen our hand in negotiations with the film board later this year.
- Advocating on public policy
- Fighting for fair remuneration
- Defending creators rights
- Preferred rates on production insurance, retirement & health benefits
- Screenings & networking events
Working together with the NFB and new DGC Documentary Directors, we can use our combined effort to negotiate an even better agreement guaranteeing fair treatment and improved compensation for filmmakers.
Where to apply for membership and information
For any information relating to NFB or Documentary initiatives or the collective agreement please contact Nathalie-Anne Brassard at email@example.com or at 1(855) 904-1880
To apply for membership please contact Marie-Claude St-Pierre at MSt.Pierre@dgc.ca or by phone at 1(855) 904-1880
While NFB Directors are automatically eligible, general requirements to join as a Documentary Director are as follows:
- You worked on a DGC signatory production, including NFB ones; OR
- Have a minimum of 75 minutes of commercial exhibited content within the last five years; OR
- You have directed a feature film that has appeared in at least two festivals recognized by the DGC