Joining as a Member
Thank you for your interest in joining the Directors Guild of Canada - Saskatchewan District Council.
In Saskatchewan the level of membership depends on experience. In most cases your application will be evaluated to assess your level of relevant experience gained in 150 days, worked over a minimum of 3 productions, in a position equivalent to a category represented by the DGC in the District you are applying to.
There are 2 different types of Membership:
Associate Membership - Production Assistant or Trainee in all departments.
Full Membership - everything above a Production Assistant or Trainee.
TO APPLY FOR MEMBERSHIP:
1. Download the National Application Form here.
2. Determine if your industry experience is a category represented by DGC Saskatchewan by reviewing what positions are covered in the District .
3. Membership includes becoming part of a Group Retirement Savings Plan and Health & Welfare Plan. Complete and drop off or mail in the signed, original version of the forms required with your application:
- Individual RRSP form. This form must have the original pen and paper signature and must either be mailed or dropped off to your local DGC office.
- NRSP Corporation form. If you are incorporated and wish to have your payroll routed to your corporation you need to fill this out as well as the RRSP form above. This must also have the original pen and paper signature and must either be mailed or dropped off to your local DGC office.
- Beneficiary form. This form must have the original pen and paper signature and must either be mailed or dropped off to your local DGC office.
5. The membership fee and annual dues required with your application:
- The fee to join as an Associate member (Production Assistant/Trainee) $150 + annual dues ($450) prorated quarterly.
- If applying at the beginning of the quarter, the total due with your application is $262.50 (150 fee+112.5 dues - Please check with your District Council to verify amount).
OR For Full Membership
- The fee to join as a Full member is $500 + pro-rated quarterly dues ($750)
- If applying at the beginning of the quarter, the total due with your application is $687.50 (500 fee + 187.50 dues - Please check with your District Council to verify amount).
6. Once your application is approved by the District Council, your payment options are:
- Online through your personal online banking system and choose the Directors Guild of Canada as a payee. It will ask you for a membership number for which the default is "9999"
- In person or by mail with a cheque issued to "Directors Guild of Canada"
- Via Credit Card Click Here and use “9999” as your membership #, or call the National DGC office 1-888-972-0098 (Toll-Free).
NOTE* Applications must be submitted with all the additional paperwork including: sponsors, verification on days worked, training and certificates, orginal RRSP forms and method of payment. Once approved payment will be processed. Incomplete application will not be processed and returned to applicant. If you have any questions about the application including fees required with membership or if you believe that you have special circumstances that would affect your application, contact:
National Membership Department
Toll-Free French Language: 1-855-904-1880