February 02, 2018
Job Offer - Public Affairs Manager
The Public Affairs Manager, based in Montreal with an emphasis on the French-language market, works with the senior National staff in the writing of DGC policies and position papers, develops and executes advocacy strategies, as well as the design, management and delivery of related communications.
The Public Affairs Manager is expected to:
- Participate in the research, analysis, development and writing of DGC Policies in conjunction with the senior National Staff.
- Assist in the development of DGC position papers and presentations to regulators and legislators including participation on industry forums and the identification of other opportunities to increase the profile and influence of the DGC.
- Contribute to the development and execution of communications strategies related to DGC policies and positions and directed to members, media, regulators, legislators and industry leaders.
- Provide narrative content for inclusion on DGC website, social media and other platforms.
- Edit and proofread translations of policy related documents as needed
- Degree/Diploma in communications, law, French, English, business, or a related field.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in corporate communications or regulatory affairs with progressively increasing responsibility.
- Impeccable writing, editing and proofreading skills in French
- Fluently bilingual in French and English
- Experience developing and writing policy
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective “trusted source/go-to” relationships with the trade media
- Good presentation skills and demonstrable experience presenting positions in public forums. Computer skills, including Word, Excel, Adobe and Microsoft Outlook.
- Knowledge of the film, television and digital media production industry is an asset
Interested applicants are encouraged to send their resume and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted until February 16, 2018