April 13, 2017
National General Assembly
Each year, the DGC holds a National General Assembly in one of the seven District Councils in Canada. This year, the DGC Executive Board has decided to hold the event in Montreal to celebrate its new representation of the Quebec District Council. On Saturday, April 29th, the National General Assembly will be in Montreal.This will be an ideal opportunity to meet with your peers from other provinces and familiarize yourself with the functioning of the DGC!
- To present the annual report of DGC business;
- To present and, if thought fit, approve the annual financial statements of the DGC for the year ended December 31st, 2016 together with the report of the auditors;
- To appoint auditors for the ensuing year;
- To conduct required elections for the National Executive Board ("NEB") of the DGC:
One member will be elected for each of the following positions:
- 2nd Vice President ( must not be a Director ) – 2 year term
- Secretary Treasurer – 2 year term
- National Directors’ Division Representative – 1 year term (the 2018 election cycle will return the position to a 2 year term)
- To approve proposed changes to the DGC National Constitution as approved in principle by the NEB on February 26, 2017 regarding:
- Electronic voting: to replace proxy voting for National Executive Board (NEB) elections with absentee voting by electronic means.
- Proxies: reduce the number of proxies to a maximum of ten per person.
- Proxies: to limit the use of proxies to the establishment of quorum at membership meetings and for all matters with the exception of elections to the NEB.
- Quorum: quorum requirements will be reduced from 10% of full Members in Good Standing to 5% of full Members in Good Standing.
The National Executive Board (NEB) elections will be held during the National Annual General Meeting (AGM) on April 29, 2017 in Montreal.
- Scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Take a picture with your smart phone, make sure the information is legible, and e-mail to email@example.com
- Fax to 416.925.8400
- Mail to DGC National Office, 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, ON M5V 2H1
Associate members and Members on honourable withdrawal are not eligible to vote or accept nomination, but are welcome to attend the AGM.
When: Saturday April 29th, registration starts at 12PM and meeting at 1PM
Where: Le Westin Montréal, 270 Saint-Antoine West.