Entry Level (apprenticeship programs)
The Guild currently has three apprenticeship programs: one is for assistant directors, one is for accountants and the other is for the art department. In all three cases, you must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident as well as finalised the mandatory training and accumulated 150 days on at least three separate productions to succeed in the program and become a Full Member.
It is also possible for trainees to become an Associate Member of the DGC, for a reduced membership fee and to qualify for most of the benefits granted to Full Members. For more information on trainee programs, contact Member Services at 514 904-1880 or toll-free at 1-855-904-1880.
Art Department and Assistant Accoutant aprenticeship programs
For the Art Department and Assistant Accountant aprenticeship programs, please contact Marie-Claude St-Pierre at 514 844-4084 or at email@example.com .
Assistant Director aprenticeship programs
Please note that those interested in the program have until March 15, 2020 to submit their applications.
Trainee Assistant Director - Selection Process
If you wish to apply as an assistant director, here is the procedure to follow.
Step 1: Submit your application. Your file must include the following documents:
- Identification form for Trainee Assistant Director completed (see attachment)
- Completed questionnaire. (see attachment)
- A covering letter explaining why you want to become a Trainee Assistant Director.
- Your most recent CV
- Three (3) letters of recommendation.
- Your work history reports from other syndicates, if you are a member of another syndicate as well as your training certificates if you have any.
- Proof of Canadian citizenship (copy of your passport or birth certificate) or Canadian permanent residence.
-You must send your completed file (be careful not to compress the file in .zip) by email at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
-You will receive a confirmation of receipt of your application by email.
- Deadline to submit an application: March 15, 2020.
Step 2: If your file is selected, you will be invited for an in-person interview with the selection committee.
Step 3: Following the interview, the selected candidates will then be able to complete the membership forms and become an Associate Member (forms and details will be provided in due course).
For any additional questions, please contact Marie-Claude St-Pierre by phone at 514-844-4084 or by email at email@example.com.