Guild Apprentice Program
The Guild Apprentice Program (GAP) is administered by the DGC Ontario and is designed for people who are not yet eligible for DGC Membership
- GAP-TAAD, art fundamentals course date has changed, see updated application below for details
IMPORTANT ITEMS TO CONSIDER BEFORE APPLYING TO THE
GUILD APPRENTICE PROGRAM
- Must be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- A valid Class G Ontario Driver’s License is required for GAP Locations PA. It is strongly recommended for all other GAP Departments.
- All required Department experience must be paid work or Canadian Film Centre validated productions
- Incomplete applications will not be processed. Applications must include all required documents in one PDF file unless otherwise stated
- Click here for all DGC Job Descriptions
- The DGC reserves the right to cap the number of GAP applicants accepted per calendar year
- If not accepted into the program, candidates may need to wait until the following year to re-apply
Anyone interested in applying for GAP is urged to review the GAP FAQs. Once you have read the FAQs and are ready to apply for GAP, simply download the appropriate by clicking on the applicable link below and adhere to the 2019 Application Admission Schedule.
Scheduled dates are subject to change depending on instructor availability. Any updates to GAP application materials and dates will be posted on this page.
Winter/Spring 2019 GAP Admission Cycle
PLEASE BE ADVISED: No applications will be accepted after the deadlines.
GAP - Trainee Assistant Accountant (TAA)
Application submissions open Tuesday, September 3rd and close Friday, September 6th at noon.
GAP - Locations Production Assistant (LPA)
Application submissions open Tuesday, September 3rd and close Friday, September 6 at noon.
GAP - Trainee Assistant Art Director (TAAD)
Application submissions open Monday, September 30th and close Thursday, October 3rd at noon.
All GAP Application forms must be accompanied by:
- Proof of Completion Certificate for "Occupational Health and Safety Awareness and Training". Click here to get to the learning module.
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate VIRTUAL WHMIS
If you have any questions about the Guild Apprentice Program, please email the Member Services Department at email@example.com or call us at 416-925-8200.
Interview and training dates are subject to change and all updates will be posted here so please check back often.