Guild Apprentice Program
The Guild Apprentice Program (GAP) is administered by the DGC Ontario and is designed for people who are not yet eligible for DGC Membership.
GAP ACCOUNTING DATES have changed! Please see below for details.
IMPORTANT ITEMS TO CONSIDER BEFORE APPLYING TO THE
GUILD APPRENTICE PROGRAM
- Must be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- A valid Class G Ontario Driver’s License is required for GAP Locations PA. It is strongly recommended for all other GAP Departments.
- All required Department experience must be paid work or Canadian Film Centre validated productions
- Incomplete applications will not be processed. Applications must include all required documents in one PDF file unless otherwise stated
- Click here for all DGC Job Descriptions
- The DGC reserves the right to cap the number of GAP applicants accepted per calendar year
Anyone interested in applying for GAP is urged to review the GAP FAQs. Once you have read the FAQs and are ready to apply for GAP, simply download the appropriate by clicking on the applicable link below and adhere to the 2017 Application Admission Schedule.
Scheduled dates are subject to change depending on instructor availability. Any updates to GAP application materials and dates will be posted on this page.
Spring 2017 GAP Admission Cycle
GAP - Trainee Assistant Accountant (TAA)
Applications will be accepted Monday, February 20th until noon on Friday, February 24th
GAP - Production Assistant (Set PA)
Applications will be accepted Monday, February 27th until noon on Friday, March 3rd
GAP - Trainee Assistant Art Director (TAAD)
Applications will be accepted Monday March 6th until noon on the Friday, March 10th
GAP - Locations Production Assistant (LPA)
Applications will be accepted Monday, April 3rd until noon on Friday, April 7th
All GAP Application forms must be accompanied by:
- Proof of Completion Certificate for "Occupational Health and Safety Awareness and Training". Click here to get to the learning module.
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate VIRTUAL WHMIS
- First Aid/ CPR Certificate: DGC Ontario does not have a preference regarding level of training or provider.
If you have any questions about the Guild Apprentice Program, please email the Member Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 416-925-8200.