January 14, 2020
Based in St. John’s, the Newfoundland and Labrador Council of the Directors Guild of Canada, (NL DGC) is part of a national labour organization, representing key creative and logistical personnel behind the camera, in the motion picture industry. The NL DGC currently represents over 55 members living in Newfoundland and Labrador, most of whom are based in or around St. John’s, NL.
The NL DGC is currently seeking a qualified and dynamic individual to fill the role of Business Manager for the organization. The Business Manager is the senior staff person for the NL DGC. Reporting directly to the Executive Board, the Business Manager is primarily responsible for:
• Labour Relations functions on behalf of the membership
• Effective management of the NL DGC office and operations
• Industry advocacy at both the Regional and National level
The successful candidate should ideally have:
• Knowledge of, and recent experience in the Canadian film and television industry;
• Experience in labour relations (i.e. collective bargaining, grievance and arbitrations, contract interpretation and administration);
• Significant experience in office management, including supervision of staff, if applicable, and fiscal management;
• Ability to build relationships, and make sound independent judgments;
• Ability to work well with others; and
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
The NL DGC provides a flexible and creative work environment, and although the remuneration is based on a 63-hour monthly retainer, the compensation is competitive, ($35 to $40/hour) and additional hours worked will be paid.
If you are outgoing and energetic, with a keen interest to contribute to the success and growth of this organization, while working with world-class creative talent, please send your résumé and cover letter as a single PDF document by 12am on Sunday, February 2, 2020 to:
Newfoundland and Labrador Council of the
Directors Guild of Canada
St. John’s, Newfoundland
Please note that due to the potential volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.