July 08, 2019
We are Hiring: Senior Communications Specialist
Senior Communications Specialist for DGC National
Reporting to the Director of Communications, DGC National, the Senior Communications Specialist will act as a producer and sponsorship coordinator for the Directors Guild of Canada Awards and assist the Director of Communications in increasing the Guild’s penetration across traditional and social media platforms as well as the production of print and physical products . The position is an excellent opportunity for an experienced media & communications professional to take the next step in their career – forging connections with media & stakeholders and maintaining the Guild’s message, image and voice in all aspects of the organization’s media presence.
- Play a lead role in event planning and promotion for the Guild’s signature annual event – the DGC Awards Gala – highlighting the extraordinary accomplishments of Guild members each year;
- Manage partner and sponsorship relationships for the DGC Awards and other projects;
- Assist in planning and project management for departmental priorities;
- Assist with the supervision and direction of day-to-day operations of the DGC National office communications department;
- Oversee the creation and curation of social media and digital content (written & visual) to engage Guild members, industry stakeholders and the public-at-large;
- Foster “go to” source relationships with leading journalists covering arts, entertainment, culture and telecommunications;
- Coordinate with DGC District Councils on communications logistics.
- A bachelor’s degree – ideally in communications, public relations, marketing, journalism, film & television production or a related field – OR an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in communications, marketing or media relations, preferably within the arts & entertainment industry, or with labour, non-profit or other member-driven organizations;
- A demonstrated ability to work independently, driving both initial concept and execution of internal and external communications under supervision and guidance;
- Impeccable writing and proofreading skills;
- An aptitude for platform marketing & SEO, and familiarity with applications such as HootSuite, Google Analytics, Photoshop, InDesign, Microsoft Office;
- Demonstrable experience developing and executing social media marketing campaigns
- Preferably bilingual in French and English, both spoken and written;
- Experience in event planning and promotion is an asset.
Applicants are asked to include their salary expectations with their application.
The DGC is an equal opportunity employer that proactively seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds.
Job Type: Full-time
- Communications: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)
Please apply through indeed.com