August 09, 2018
Call for Nominations – 2018 National Executive Board (NEB) elections
Elections for the next DGC National Executive Board (NEB) will begin immediately after conference programming at the 1st DGC Biennial Convention on October 20, 2018 at the Royal York Hotel, Toronto, Ontario.
For the first time, the casting of all votes will be conducted via electronic ballot. Following speeches from candidates, voting will remain open for a 2-week period.
One DGC Member will be elected for each of the following positions:
- President (must be a member of the National Directors’ Division)
- 1st Vice President (must be a member of the National Directors’ Division)
- 2nd Vice President (must not be a member of the National Directors’ Division)
- Secretary Treasurer
- National Directors’ Division Representative
- Assistant Directors’ Representative
- Production Department Representative
- Locations Department Representative
- Art Department Representative
- Editing Department Representative
- Production Accountants’ Department Representative
- Production Coordinators’ Department Representative
All of the positions listed above will serve a 2-year term.
A DGC Member may be nominated or stand for election for the above noted positions if he or she has been a Full Member for the last two consecutive years, is a resident in Canada and intends to reside in Canada while serving on the NEB.
Associate Members and Members on Honourable Withdrawal are not eligible to vote or accept nomination.
Manny Danelon has been appointed to the position of National Nominating Committee Chair. If you would like to nominate a Member, or if you wish to stand for election yourself, contact Manny Danelon by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at 416-930-4961.
Two Full Members may also make nominations from the floor on October 20. Only Full Members in Good Standing are eligible to vote or stand for election.
The floor nominations process and the Q&As with the nominees will be recorded and available for viewing by Members on the DGC website. More information on the electronic balloting process will follow in advance of the convention.
All nominations must be received by Monday, September 10, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. ET.