Entry Level Permittee Program
DGC MANITOBA PERMITTEE PROGRAM
Thank you for your interest in joining the Directors Guild of Canada.
The Directors Guild of Canada, Manitoba District Council is a Membership organization. When a production signs a DGC Contract, contact for crewing must be given to Guild Members first.
In the case where and when there are no local DGC members available, the Manitoba District Council office provides an availability list of qualified Permittees
You MUST Register with the Manitoba District Council Office to be a part of the MDC Permittee Program.
IN ORDER TO QUALIFY FOR PERMITEE STATUS WITH THE MDC, A PERMITTEE IS REQUIRED TO:
- Be a minimum or 18 years of age
- Have completed the following courses through Film Training Manitoba:
i. Set Orientation
ii. Safety Awareness
- Completed one day engagement on the DGC Signatory production in a Guild Job Classification
- Submit two (2) letters of sponsorship from Good Standing Guild Members
- Provide proof of citizenship or permanent residence status
- Provide the Guild a copy of your resume
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF PERMITTEE STATUS?:
Registering as a Permittee with the Guild assist you with, and expedite your Membership process!
- A Registered Permittee through the Guild Offices requires 75 days of engagement over three separate productions!
- You are receiving official Guild recommendation to productions seeking crew.
- You will be connected with the Guild offices, will be privy to more resources and will be informed of more training opportunities.
- The Guild will review engagement through our partnering organizations, including the National Screen Institute, as days towards your membership.
IS THERE ANYTHING I NEED TO DO AFTER REGISTERING WITH THE GUILD?:
The Guild requires that all registered permittee contact the Guild offices on a monthly basis to confirm their availability.
Should you have further questions. Please contact 204.940.4301