Entry Level Permittee Logbook Program
The Directors Guild of Canada, British Columbia (DGC BC) is a labour organization that represents key creative and logistical personnel in the film industry. The DGC BC Collective Agreement covers the Director, Production/Unit Manager, Assistant Directors, Location Department and Production Assistants (PA). As the DGC BC is a membership based organization, preference of engagement is always given to Members first.
The DGC BC developed the Permittee Logbook Holder Program, or Permittee Program, as a required step for those interested in gaining work experience as a PA. The goal of a Permittee is to work towards Associate Membership within the Directors Guild of Canada and ultimately meet the requirements in order to submit an Associate Membership application.
- Click here for the Permittee Program.
- Click here for the Checklist to become a Permittee Logbook Holder.
- Click here for the latest schedule of Permittee Program courses.
- Click here for the DGC BC Film Student Registration Form.
Here are a couple of resources to provide you with information about being a Production Assistant:
- Click here to download the Production Assistant Helper Manual.
- Click here to download the PA Survival Guide.
- Click here to download the Location Prep Guide.
- Click here to download the Office PA Survival Guide.
- Click here to download the information on Propane Heater Safety.
For information on Proof of Residency requirements for productions, click here.
Please click here to find all the documents required for Membership.