Entry Level Permittee Logbook Holder Program
The Directors Guild of Canada, British Columbia (DGC BC) is a labour organization that represents key creative and logistical personnel in the film industry. The DGC BC Collective Agreement covers the Director, Production/Unit Manager, Assistant Directors, Location Department and Production Assistants (PA). As the DGC BC is a membership based organization, preference of engagement is always given to Members first.
The Permittee Logbook Holder Program is required to obtain Associate Membership with the DGC BC.
- Click here for the Permittee Logbook Holder Program.
- Click here for the Checklist to become a Permittee Logbook Holder.
- Click here for the latest schedule of Permittee Logbook Holder Program courses.
- Click here for the DGC BC Film Student Registration Form.
Please note the DGC BC only administers entry into the Permittee Logbook Holder Program on:
Monday between 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Tuesday, Thursday and Friday between 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
Wednesday between 10:30 am – 4:00 pm
Fridays preceding a statutory holiday the Logbook Holder program will be administered from 9:30 am to 2:00 pm as the office closes at 3:00 pm
Please note: We do not accept Logbook Holders any day following a statutory holiday
Here are a couple of resources to provide you with information about being a Production Assistant:
- Click here to download the Production Assistant Helper Manual.
- Click here to download the PA Survival Guide.
- Click here to download the Location Prep Guide.
- Click here to download the Office PA Survival Guide.
- Click here to download the information on Propane Heater Safety.
For information on Proof of Residency requirements for productions, click here.
Please click here to find all the documents required for Membership.