Entry Level Permittee Logbook Program
The Directors Guild of Canada, British Columbia (DGC BC) is a labour organization that represents key creative and logistical personnel in the film industry. The DGC BC Collective Agreement covers the Director, Production/Unit Manager, Assistant Directors, Location Department and Production Assistants (PA). As the DGC BC is a membership based organization, preference of engagement is always given to Members first.
The DGC BC developed the Permittee Logbook Holder Program, or Permittee Program, as a required step for those interested in gaining work experience as a PA. The goal of a Permittee is to work towards Associate Membership within the Directors Guild of Canada and ultimately meet the requirements in order to submit an Associate Membership application.
- Click here for the Permittee Program.
- Click here for the Checklist to become a Permittee Logbook Holder.
- Click here for the latest schedule of Permittee Program courses.
- Click here for the DGC BC Film Student Registration Form.
Here are a couple of resources to provide you with information about being a Production Assistant:
- Click here to download the Production Assistant Helper Manual.
- Click here to download the PA Survival Guide.
- Click here to download the Location Prep Guide.
- Click here to download the Office PA Survival Guide.
- Click here to download the information on Propane Heater Safety.
For information on Proof of Residency requirements for productions, click here.