Join as Associate/Full Member
Thank you for your interest in joining the Directors Guild of Canada.
In the Atlantic Regional Council (ARC) the level of membership depends on experience. Your application will be evaluated to assess your level of relevant experience gained in 150 days, worked over a minimum of 3 union productions, in a position equivalent to a category represented by the DGC in the District you are applying to. PLEASE NOTE: Some non-union work will be considered. Please contact the ARC office to review your non-union credits.
In the ARC there are 2 different types of Membership:
Associate Membership - all positions that are considered entry level to the specific category.
Full Membership - everything above a Production Assistant, Trainee or Fourth Assistant Director.
TO APPLY FOR MEMBERSHIP:
1. Download the National Application Form here.
2. The Individual RRSP form and NRSP form (BOTH of which must be completed and included with the application). Membership includes becoming part of a group retirement savings plan. These forms must have the original pen and paper signature and must either be mailed or dropped off to your local DGC office. If you are incorporated you must also complete the NRSP Corporation form. For details and information on filling these forms out correctly, please review the FOLLOWING PACKAGE. This must be done online or have the original pen and paper signature and must either be mailed or dropped off to your local DGC office.
*For More information on the Canadian Entertainment Industry Retirement Plan (CEIRP) please check out the following links:
How to Enroll
Frequently Asked Questions
For further details you can visit to the CEIRP website
3. DGC Health & Welfare Trust Beneficiary Form for Life Insurance - you will need to complete and return the form to use (either mailed or dropped-off to our office - cannot be scanned/e-mailed). This form must have the original pen and paper signature.
4. The membership fee and annual dues required with your application:
- The fee to join as an Associate member (entry level) is $150 plus yearly dues of $450 which you can pay a pro-rated amount of $112.50 for only for the quarter you are joining in.
OR For Full Membership
- The fee to join as a Full member is $500 + yearly dues of $750 which you can pay a pro-rated amount of $187.50 for only for the quarter you are joining in.
7. Once your application is approved, your payment options are:
- Online through your personal online banking system and choose the Directors Guild of Canada as a payee. It will ask you for a membership number for which the default is "999"
- In person of by mail with a cheque issued to "Directors Guild of Canada"
- Or by phoning in and giving your credit card information to Membership
To request an application form, please contact the DGC ARC office at 902-492-3424