Joining as a Director
Eligibility for joining the DGC as a Director in Alberta:
- You must have accumulated a minimum of 75 minutes of directorial work exhibited commercially* or programmed in recognized film festivals** OR,
- You have a signed director’s contract from a DGC signatory production AND,
- You must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
*Commercially exhibited work includes those works broadcast on television and on the internet that have been produced by recognized commercial producers or through theatrical release.
**Click here for a list of recognized film festivals.
There is a one-time initiation fee of $1,500 and annual dues of $750. Annual dues can be paid all at once or quarterly ($187.50). At the time of joining you must pay the full initiation fee plus one quarter annual dues. The remaining balance will be subject to the deadlines of the quarterly dues payment schedule.
New Member Fee: $1,500
Annual Dues: $750 (can be paid $187.50 a quarter)
Payment when joining: $1,500 + $187.50 = $1,687.50
- DGC Director Application Form
- Individual RRSP form & Individual NRSP form. Membership includes becoming part of a group retirement savings plan. This form must have the original pen and paper signature and must either be mailed or dropped off to your local DGC office
- NRSP Corporation form. If you are incorporated and wish to have your payroll routed to your corporation you need to fill this out as well as the RRSP form above. This must also have the original pen and paper signature and must either be mailed or dropped off to your local DGC office.
- Beneficiary form. This form must have the original pen and paper signature and must either be mailed or dropped off to your local DGC office.
Please send the completed forms to your local DGC District Council office.
Once your application is approved by the District Council, your payment options are:
- Online through your personal online banking system and choose the Directors Guild of Canada as a payee. It will ask you for a membership # for which the default is “9999”
- Credit Card - Via MasterCard Click Here and use “9999” as your membership #, or call the National DGC office 1-888-972-0098 (Toll-Free).
Once you are accepted into membership you will receive a membership package that will include: Membership number, RRSPs contact information, Health and Welfare benefits enrolment package. You will also receive a welcome email connecting you to the director representatives nationally and in your region.
With any questions and for more information on joining the DGC as a Director please contact:Hans EngelDirectors Guild of CanadaNational Directors Division416email@example.com