Entry Level (Permittee)
IN ORDER TO QUALIFY FOR PERMITTEE STATUS WITH THE ADC, A PERMITTEE IS REQUIRED TO:
1 - Be a minimum or 18 years of age
2 - Hold a valid Provincial Drivers Licence
3 - Be Flag Trained Certified
- Certification issued by the Alberta Construction Safety Association. CLICK HERE for training & courses.
- On any given production, the largest number of permitted Production Assistants is generally in the Locations Department. One of the responsibilities of a Location PA may be to direct traffic therefore it is essential that the PA be "Flag Trained".
4 - Have successfully completed the following courses:
- A recognized "Set Etiquette and Protocol" Course. CLICK HERE for training & courses. The Guild also recognizes similar courses offered by other institutions. Please contact the ADC office for further information.
- "Production Assistant Workshop". This is a one-day workshop taught by senior DGC Members and details what is expected of a production assistant at work and preparation for the extreme demands of film production. CLICK HERE for training & courses.
5 - Proof of Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Residence.
6 - Submit a one-page resume to the DGC ADC that indicates the Permittee has met the above minimum requirements.
Once these requirements are met, qualified individuals can email copies of all requirements to email@example.com.
Once qualifications are verified, the individual will receive confirmation. They will then be registered in the ADC Permittee Program and listed on our “Permittee List”. Permittees must leave weekly messages updating the Guild on their availability status, ensuring that our listings are up to date. Permittees can also refer to our Current Production List and view the production details and contact information for each show and listings of Members in each department.
Questions? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 403-217-8672.
THE ADC OFFICE DOES NOT DISPATCH. Permittees need to be pro-active in seeking gainful employment. The Guild will provide productions with names and numbers of Permittees and their resumes upon request. However, it is up to the individual to be in touch with productions and determine if they are accepting resumes and to let them know that you are interested and available.
IN ORDER TO QUALIFY FOR ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP IN THE DGC ADC, AN INDIVIDUAL MUST:
- Be registered in the DGC ADC Permittee Program, and have completed the courses listed above.
- Have completed at least 90 days as a Registered Permittee on at least 3 ADC signatory productions.